$9.95 – $16.85
Flavor profile: sweet, hazelnut
Amazing with: sandwiches, salads, spring rolls, soups, hors-d’oeuvres
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Nutritional values: great source of protein, vitamin B6 and E, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous and potassium.
microgreens: We use organic soil at DoSo, but you can use unbleached paper towel on a plate.
- Place about 1 inch of pre-moistened soil in your container, which you have, ideally, perforated in the corners (for better watering).
- Lightly spray the soil to help anchor the seeds
- Very lightly sprinkle the soil, with about 1 tablespoon per 5”x5” tray.
- Spray the seeds until the soil is nearly saturated
- Create a humid environment by placing your container in a plastic bag or by resealing the cover if you are using a closeable box.
- Let the seeds germinate for about 3-4 days, until you can see the cotyledons start to form (the first leaves to appear).
- Uncover, lightly water and expose to natural light or place under a neon light.
- Check at least once a day to make sure that the soil is damp. You can lightly water from the sides or from underneath your container, if it has holes
- Harvest and eat around day 7.
- Keep on the counter and harvest as needed and water everyday or place in the fridge (on the bottom). You can also cut them and keep in an airtight container lined with paper towel for 7 to 10 days.
Grow time and yield
germinating in pot: (no need for light, except on the last day if you want chlorophyll to develop)
- Soak 1 to 2 tablespoons in a Mason type jar with a fiberglass or cloth filter (like a cheesecloth) seal the top with a rubber band. Soak again in fresh drinking water (idealy no chlorine) for 6 to 8 hours.
- Drain and tilt the pot upside down at a 45 degree angle (into a bowl or dishtray)
- Rinse twice per day (e.g. in the morning and before bed) and let drain as in step 2
- On day 4, place your seedlings in a sink or dishtray filled with water, clean the jar. Shake the seedlings so that the integuments (seed shells, basically) float to the top. You can remove them with a spoon and then compost them.
- Dry the seedlings well by pressing them with your hands and placing them in your clean jar. Let them germinate for an extra day in the light if you wish, but avoid direct sunlight, as it’s too warm.
- Let them dry before placing in an airtight container with the bottom lined with paper towel. They last for 7 to 10 days in the fridge. Do not eat if you are unsure about the smell or texture.
Our packaging is compostable or recyclable. We favor paper and cardboard for all our online orders
$9.95 – $16.85
Company based in Quebec
Our products are proudly born in Canada!
Website and payments secured with SSL
Pick this product up at our drop-off points
Delivery takes about one to two weeks.
Find our cut microgreens at a grocery store near you. Find a Sales Point.
We deliver all over Canada!
You can get this product shipped for $10. Free for orders over $65. Product arrives in about 5 business days.